Friday, February 1, 2013

Say hello to my future candle friends

photo

Before I start, I just want to make it clear that I am not friends with candles. I have just come to love them dearly, which is why I am dedicating this post to my future collection.

Anyone who has been following my twitter feed (@shotofbeauty) will know that I have been gushing over the Lily-Flame candles for the last few weeks. I got them for Christmas and I am totally addicted. But, as I have only just started exploring the world of candles (late to the party!), I have found that there are SO many to choose from, so I thought I would list the ones I love the sound of to inspire myself and all of you! Let me know what you think :)

I'll start with a New York brand I found on ASOS - Malin + Goetz. The first thing that attracted me to the range was the unique fragrances, like dark rum (£37 from ASOS).

xxxx

However, I will definitely be sticking to ones like the above, such as mojito, rose and otto, as they also do cannabis and tobacco editions on the company website. Yep, you did read that right - I'm not really sure what to think about that?! It's got marmite written all over it.

Next on my wish list are several candles from Melt - a brand brought to my attention via the lovely beauty bloggers on twitter. I don't know where to begin here - so much to choose from! I will limit it to 3 choices for my sanity (and yours) - Hush, Warm Fig + Star Anise and Rich Cream. All of them come in different shapes and sizes and cost anything from £7.50 to £32.50. There's one for everyone!



Rich Cream


Warm Fig + Star Anise


Hush

Last but not least is the Spring collection from Yankee Candle. The ones I am most intrigued by are Black Coconut and Waikiki MelonThere's loads of different sizes you can get - you can even get a sampler for £1.80. What a bargain! And even better there's a competition on at the moment to win 1 of 5 spring candles on the Yankee Candle website. You can thank me later!



xxx
xxx


So that's my list so far - I could go on for hours though! Can you recommend any candles to me? Have you tried any of the above? 

Tweet me @shotofbeauty or leave a comment below. Can't wait to hear from you :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...