Thursday, February 14, 2013

Need vs Want: Japonesque's Safari Chic Brush Set

xxxx

Go on - feast your eyes on this fabulous brush set. I want to, you want to, we all want to! In fact, I don't think there's a single b-blogger who wouldn't want to know more about this tres unique safari-themed brush set from Japonesque. It's so different to the usual block colour brushes we are used to, and it really does intrigue me.

Having said that, is the aesthetic of a product more important than how it works and its quality? Is it a case of don't judge a brush book by its cover?

In the name of rare rational beauty shopping (because the two can go together?!), I teamed up with one of my favourite b-bloggers Callie Rose from cllrs.blogspot.co.uk to answer the all important question: do I need or want this product?

Here's what Callie had to say about the Japonesque Safari Chic Brush set:
This gorgeous little set contains 3 different brushes to help you complete your desired look. Contains: Safari Chis Powder Brush for blending blusher and bronzing powder, Safari Chic Shadow Brush for shading and diffusing shadow over the eyelid and Safari Chic Crease Brush for creating depth and drama by smudging pigment along the socket line.

Does Callie want or need this product?
NEED: I need some new eyeshadow brushes as the one that I'm currently using is the brush that came with my Naked 2 palette. It does the job okay, but I've had it that long that it is falling apart. I usually put shadow into the crease of my eye to add that extra effect. I like having big dramatic eyes, so the crease brush would be perfect.

WANT: I suppose they could wait as I already have a powder brush, so don't need the full set - but just look at them! They're so pretty! And the price is within my budget (well, maybe after Lent as I'm on a spending ban). Not only are the brushes vegan-friendly and made with the highest quality synthetic material, they also come in a a micro-fibre travel case so they're always on hand. If it wasn't lent, I'd buy them now.

VERDICT: Need

Do I want or need this product?
NEED: It doesn't take a beauty genius to see how incredible these brushes look. And as I am in an eye make-up phase lately, the safari brush set would make a great addition to my ever-growing palette and mono shadow collection. Another thing is that my biggest problem with eye looks is creases - those damn things always get in the way of a good look! So I need a good crease brush in my life. I also really love that all three brushes have been designed with contouring in mind. Overall, I think it's priced well for a high-quality, vegan-friendly set.

WANT: If I'm really honest, I do have a great powder and eyeshadow brush already, so could my money be better spent elsewhere? For £28 I could indulge in several items and mix and match lips, eyes and cheeks. But it's better to spend money on quality beauty essentials than splurge it on 15 purple eyeshadows when you only need 5 (OK maybe 10...). My biggest problem with spending money on beauty is that I don't make enough long-term investments, so this a good place to start!

VERDICT: Need

So, what's the overall verdict?
We both need this ultra unique brush set.

Why?
Natasha says:
Let's face it - we didn't need much convincing! All we had to do is look at it to know how special it is. The truth is there is nothing else like it, and for that reason we just have to have it!
Callie says: Personally, I think these babies are worth buying. They'll be going onto my wishlist until the end of Lent when I shall purchase them. What's not to love about them? They are vegan-friendly, travel-friendly, and eye-friendly (as in they look amazing with their safari print). Well worth the £28!

What do you think? Would you have made the same decision?

P.S If you would like to write a need vs want post with me, tweet me @shotofbeauty or send me an email at shotofbeauty@hotmail.co.uk. Why not tweet Callie at @catdicko also and have a look at her blog?

xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...