Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bomb Cosmetics Haul (#obsessed)

If i'm honest, I only thought Lush could offer creative bath and body products, but I was wrong. Very wrong. At last year's Vitality Show, I stumbled upon what can only be described as a 'sea' of bath bombs and ballistics. I officially met a match for my bathtime brand favourite, and her name was Bomb Cosmetics.


I did what any excited beauty addict would do, and went on a MASSIVE haul. It would be wrong not to share my new prized possessions with you, so here they are in all their fun and fragrant glory.


photo (19)


As you can see, I got a range of products, including the Raspberry Rainbow Scoopable Shower Gel (365ml), Blackcurrant Body Polish (365ml), Emerald Ocean Painted Love Candle, First Love Bath Mallow, Lavender Musk Blaster (160g), Harajuku Girl Bath Creamer (30g) and Lavender Musk Blaster (160g).


Seeing them all in a line makes me happy!


I'll start with the Raspberry Rainbow Scoopable Gel, which costs £7.99.


photo (10)


photo (9)


photo (1)


The packaging is so cute and fun, although I must admit it wasn't the first thing that attracted me to it - that was the raspberry. I have a real love for the smell and taste of raspberry so knew I had to give this one a go. I don't think the tub is 100% waterproof, as would be expected, but it does hold up pretty well if it gets wet.


The gel is infused with 'moisturising palmarosa and bergamot oils'. Bergamot is a popular ingredient for bath and body products at the moment, but you can only smell raspberry so you would never know it was there.


Here's the ingredients and directions for use:


photo (2)


Here's what it looks like inside and on the skin...


photo (6)


photo (4)


It looks, smells and feels like strawberry jelly, but note the product warning not to give it to children under 3. It's a thick consistency but represents the 'scoopable' part well. It smells gorgeous and makes me feel like a kid in a sweet shop! One thing was I had to use quite a lot as it dissolved quickly on the skin, so not as moisturising as I would have liked but all in all I love this product.


Next is the Blackcurrant Body Polish, which also costs £7.99.


photo (12)


photo (13)


photo


I have to say even though I love the body scrub, I think I do prefer the shower gel. The scrub smells like purple fruit polos, which I love, but I can't deny I was disappointed when the product wasn't purple inside, but white instead. Still it smells gorgeous and there's a lot there for your money.


Here's the ingredients and directions for use...


photo (11)


Here's what it looks like inside and on the skin...


photo (5)


photo (3)


hand


One thing I will say with this product is that it does need a bit of warming up in the hands first before rubbing onto the skin, as it is quite coarse and thick. Once it's warmed up, it's good to go, but it is a down point.


The third thing on my list is the Emerald Ocean Painted Love Candle, which costs £7.99 (a running theme it seems!).


photo (15)


photo (16)


photo (14)


In terms of design and packaging, it isn't particularly original, but I am in a real candle phase at the moment and love anything ocean-related. The candle is made with revitalising pure clary sage and lemongrass and has a burn time of up to 50 hours, which is pretty good for a candle of this size. I am definitely excited to use this!


Next is the first bath product I bought - First Love Bath Mallow (£2.09). The way this has been created is so delicate and pretty - i want to eat it, which I think is a good thing. One thing I will say that it is small - so I hope it will be powerful when I use it in the tub. Very soft texture and I'm really looking forward to bathing in the shea and cocoa butters that the product will release.


photo (7)


photo (8)


Then there's the Lavender Musk Blaster, which costs £2.29. I think in general this sort of bath bomb is more up my street - smells divine and it's a lot bigger than the melts and creamers. Having said that, this will dissolve a lot quicker than the creamer, so they will probably balance each other out. I love the relaxing effect lavender has after a long day at work, so can't wait to watch this one fizz like mad.


photo (17)


photo (18)


Finally we have the two bath creamers - Big in Japan (£2.09) and Harajuku Girl (£2.09). Both a LOT smaller than I expected, especially Harajuku Girl; however, what was lacking in size was made up in colour and fragrance. I was really disappointed with the koi carp creamer - it looked so vivid online and rather dull in the flesh. The design is very cute and am intrigued to see how it will work. Same goes for Harajuku Girl.


photo (20)


photo (21)


So that was my crazy haul! Look out for my next Once Upon A Bathtime review.


Do you like any of these products? Have you tried any other ones? x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...