Sunday, May 19, 2013

Liebster Award #2


Thank you so much to the FIVE fab bloggers who nominated me for a Liebster award! This is my second Liebster award blog post and I'm excited to answer all your fun beauty and style questions and set some of my own.

First of all, here's the links of the lovely ladies' blogs for you to check out:
Kirsty at Pretty Bug

Now for the rules:
Post 11 facts about you
Answer the questions set for you 
Choose 11 new bloggers to tag, leave their links and comment on their page to let them know they have been tagged
Set 11 new questions for your 11 bloggers to answer 

Facts about me
1. I don't really have a sweet tooth - I'd much rather have a bag of salted peanuts or a sausage roll than a bar of Dairy Milk
2. I wish I was a 80s kid - I love neon, funky make-up and legwarmers
3. I'm a sucker for trashy TV and have spent many lazy afternoons watching MTV reality shows back to back
4. It upsets me that I've never used a fax machine - I feel like I've missed out on something!
5. I love peanut butter on toast
6. I already have grey hairs - NOT happy!
7. I'd love to have gorgeous red hair
8. I once broke a window when I was little by throwing a snowball at it (it had a stone in it and I didn't know!)
9. Concealer is an absolute must for showing my face outside of the house! Currently loving Bourjois' Healthy Mix concealer
10. I have a ridic expensive gym membership, which I have neglected for far too long
11. I like carrot juice (weird but actually nice)

Answers to Nyss' questions
1. How long have you been blogging for and why did you start?
Only been blogging for just over 5 months and I started because I love writing about beauty and have wanted to have a blog about something for ages!

2. What is on the top of your beauty product wish list?
At the moment, I'm really lusting over some of the Revlon lip butters, like wild watermelon and juicy papaya, and also the latest MAC collections!

3. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'm the most irrational person ever, so I'd go out and have a massive splurge, buy a house and then think about what to do with the rest of the money after.

4. Do you wear makeup every day?
If I'm going outside, I will do. I'm quite conscious of my skin so I like to cover it up so I can feel more confident.

5. Is there one product you wouldn't live without and think everybody should try?
I have fallen in love with La Roche-Posay's Thermal Spring Water - everyone should try that post cleansing because it's lovely.

6. What is your favourite type of blog post to read?
I absolutely love haul posts! 

7. What is the most you have ever spent on a beauty product and what was it?
The most expensive one I can think of is a Tom Ford Neroli Portofino shower gel for £40 (ouch!). But I'm pretty sure I've spent around £50 on something else - just can't remember what it is!

8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Probably New York :)

9. Do you prefer Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
Definitely Summer - everything just feels better when it's nice outside!

10. What are you most looking forward to this year?
Going to Wireless Festival and hopefully getting my first job in beauty journalism.

11. Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what is it?
Watching trashy TV is my escape - I watch everything from The Valleys to the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Answers to Sarah's questions
1. What is your favourite beauty brand?
If we are talking make-up, it's a toss up between Benefit and Guerlain. For skin care, I love La Roche-Posay, Caudalie and Dr Hauschka.

2. What is your favourite type of chocolate/sweets?
When it comes to chocolate, I like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups more than anything. I also love pick and mix sweets like fizzy cola bottles and milk bottles.

3. Do you collect anything?
I'm definitely building up a lipstick collection! Never enough :)

4. What is your biggest fear?
Being trapped somewhere with thousands of wasps sounds pretty damn scary to me.

5. Where would you like to be in ten years time?
I would love to be a beauty editor with a nice flat and enough money to have getaways every so often. Sounds like the dream to me!

6. Name one staple item in your wardrobe
I love my electric blue blazer - brightens up any outfit!

7. Do you prefer Twitter or Facebook?
For blogging, I defo prefer Twitter as there is a big community of bbloggers on there.

8. Are you a cat or a dog lover?
Both equally - only if they are cute :)

9. What's the most annoying thing a person can do with beauty?
Definitely wear a foundation shade that is too dark! It's not a good look

10. How long have you been blogging?
Only just over 5 months - feels like years though! I love it

11. Do you prefer flats or heels?
I would say heels as I feel more confident in them. But saying that, they hurt like a bizatch!

Answers to Emma's questions
1. If you had to give up mascara or lipgloss, which would you choose?
Definitely lipgloss - there are so many lip balms that double up as glosses these days, so I could get around that :)

2. What is your worst make-up mishap?
I used to wear bright purple mascara when I was a teenager!

3. Who is your beauty inspiration?
I love Dita Von Teese and Nicola Roberts - think they have porcelain skin and amazing taste in looks for lips and cheeks.

4. What's your favourite meal?
Can't beat a chinese! Love it.

5. Would you rather give up chocolate or crisps?
Definitely chocolate - I rarely crave something sweet and prefer salty snacks.

6. What is your favourite beauty brand?
I think if we are talking make-up, it's Benefit or Guerlain. For skin care, it's La Roche-Posay and Skinceuticals.

7. What is the reason behind your blog name?
Completely random. I wanted each post to be like a 'shot' of beauty inspiration.

8. Who is your celebrity crush?
Ryan Gosling.

9. If you were on a desert island and could only have one outfit and one beauty product, what would they be?
I'd wear harem pants with a vest top and statement necklace, and SPF!

10. What's your favourite animal?
Hmmm I like penguins and snow leopards!

11. What is the best thing about blogging?
The beauty banter and the twitter chats! So much fun :)

Answers to Kirsty's questions
1. What is your favourite item of clothing?
I love my electric blue blazer - makes every outfit pop!

2. If you had to recommend just one makeup item, what would it be?
Definitely concealer - it makes my skin look so much better.

3. High heels or flats?
Heels because of confidence, but flats for comfort!

4. Sweet or savoury?
Definitely savoury - I am rarely in the mood for chocolate (which everyone thinks is weird!)

5. What do you think is your best feature?
My eyes/hair.

6. Where has your best holiday been?
I love Italy - the food, weather and culture is so nice.

7. Have you got any hobbies other than blogging?
I really like going to British Film Institute screenings and previews. Also love going to modern art exhibitions in London when I can.

8. Bath or shower?
Tough one! I think I am gonna say shower because it means I can use all my gels and polishes at one time. Love stocking up on shower products a bit too much!

9. What is your favourite film?
Requiem for a dream.

10. Tea or coffee?
Tea, unless it's a Starbucks caramel latte.

11. What is your top beauty tip?
Exfoliate just once a week, or it could damage your skin and/or cause it to become more oily.

Answers to Stacey's questions
1. What one make-up product couldn't you be without?
Concealer! I wear it every day without fail to cover up my imperfections and brighen up the skin around my eyes.

2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
Ryan Gosling!

3. What is your favourite book?
I really like the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books.

4. What is your favourite scent?
At the moment, it's Guerlain's Le Petite Robe Noire.

5. What is your dream job?
Beauty editor for a women's magazine.

6. Is there one product you bought because of the hype and regret buying it?
Think I was a little disappointed with the Nails Inc leather effect polishes. Felt really dry on the nail and chipped easily.

7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Brazil! I would absolutely love to go to South America.

8. What is your favourite season?
Definitely Summer. Everything looks and feels better with the sunshine.

9. Big night out, or quiet night in?
I am partial to a quiet night in these days (#old)

10. What is your favourite nail polish colour?
Think it's got to be red. It's a classic.

11. What is your favourite highstreet make-up brand?
Bourjois I think - all the products are high-quality and I love the colour selection.

My questions
1. What's the worst beauty product you ever bought?
2. What's your skin care regime?
3. Have you coloured your hair?
4. Would you shave your head for charity?
5. Who's your role model?
6. What's your favourite shower product?
7. What's your favourite product for relaxation?
8. Bath or shower?
9. What's your dream job?
10. What would your superhero power be?
11. What's your favourite lipstick?

The bloggers I am tagging 
1. Sarah Elizabeth at Beauty Super Girl
2. Louise at Lou Loves Beauty
3. Hayley at Tea Party Beauty
4. Sophie at With Love From Sophie
5. Samantha & Ashley at Our Little Beauty Haven
6. Katie at A Little South
7. Callie at Cllrs
8. Rara at Rara Giggles
9. Faith at Faithful Loves
10. Annie at Drugstore Dreamer
11. Jade at Beads of Jade

Thanks for reading! xxx

4 comments :

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...