Friday, February 22, 2013

Coral Covered: Lips and Nails


Ask me what my ultimate spring/summer make-up colour is, and I won't even hesitate. 

For me, coral is the one to beat when it comes to multipurpose beauty looks. From the boardroom to the boudoir, tangerine tones brighten my complexion before I can say l'orange and give me a much-needed beauty boost. 

So, when I got thinking about coral last night, dreaming of my ideal beauty collection, I decided it was time to devote a post entirely to my pretty, peachy lip and nail favourites.

Here's my current top three! 

OPI Mini in Red Lights Ahead...Where?


I find it hard to think of something I don't like by OPI - all the shades are beautiful and the quality of the polish and effect are exceptionally high. This falls somewhere between florida orange and blood orange  - it's the perfect colour for spring/summer, and would look great with gold jewellery.

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Lipstick in Tempting Coral




In terms of quality and colour, Givenchy Rouge Interdit in Tempting Coral is one of my all-time favourite lipsticks. It's not too flashy or too casual - instead, it sits in the middle with the cool lipstick chicks and shines. After trying this product, I would try other colours in the range without a doubt. It really does tick all my boxes.

Benefit CORALista Ultra Plush Sheer Coral Lip Gloss



Finally, we have the highly-pigmented CORALista by Benefit Cosmetics, which I got as part of the brand's mini lipgloss set. I have to admit, from looking at the packaging, I didn't expect it to be this bright, so I would definitely reserve it for sunnier days! However, as its a gloss there is more freedom to chop and change, so you don't have to endure a last-minute panic before an important meeting if you realise the shade is really not for you. 

Do you love coral? What's your favourite coral make-up product? xxx

10 comments :

  1. I have a Coral dress on today with a coral blush and nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I love it - very pretty missy. Happy Friday! X

      Delete
  2. Love this lot - coral is definitely one of my favourites. The OPI polish looks wonderful - just right to warm us up while it's so cold even! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty warm colour! Something I really needed to see this week while I was living in the north pole haha glad you like x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Bree! I think givenchy lipsticks are lovely - they really are good quality, moisturising and the colour is so rich x

      Delete
  4. love love love coral lips! so pretty on every woman!
    www.rosielouiselove.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Coral is so pretty I cant get enough of it! I also have a givenchy prisme blush and it's lovely x

      Delete
  5. I prefer plum colour lipsticks they were very trendy this winter:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a massive fan of plum too :) need to stock up on lipsticks! Black Orchid from tom ford is amazing and so is the topshop deep purple lippy x

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...