Friday, November 1, 2013

All About Autumn/Winter Red Lips


Nothing says timeless, iconic beauty like a bold red lip, and I'm loving bright and sultry shades this season. I'm definitely guilty of over-buying lipsticks in claret, postbox and bloodstained hues, and in this post I will be sharing with you five of my current favourites.


1/Max Factor Color Elixir Lipstick, Ruby Tuesday
This is by far my favourite red lipstick - it's matte but moisturising, and has the kind of red shade that can make any eye sparkle and lip pop. Ruby Tuesday is my go-to lipstick for meetings, nights out and for days where I fancy dressing up a bit.

2/Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss, Shade 107
Since trying out the Hourglass Opaque Lipstick in Iconic, I'm absolutely in love with wine red lips. The Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107 has a sultry, playful shade to it and is great for everyday wear in the Autumn and Winter. The packaging is also really cute and compact. 
 
3/Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter, Candy Apple
Revlon's Lip Butters are a big hit with beauty lovers and rightly so - every colour leaves your lips looking smooth, plump and tinted with just the right amount of colour. Candy Apple is so easy to wear and apply, and it's perfect for application on the go. If matte lipsticks scare you and you'd prefer to have a smooth and soft red lip, I'd highly recommend this Revlon Lip Butter. 

4/MAC Matte Lipstick, Ruby Woo
Every MAC lover will know about Ruby Woo - it's a classic bright filmstar red and one of the brand's most popular lipsticks. This one's a bit of a make-up staple, but you need to exfoliate and moisturise before application so that chapped lips and dry skin are kept at bay.
 
5/Vaseline Limited Edition Paint The Town Red Lip Balm
Paint The Town Red is the latest limited edition lip balm from Vaseline and it's a great one at that. You don't need much to get a bold colour and a little bit goes a long way. It's an affordable, fun alternative to the classic red lipstick and is also very handbag-friendly.  

What's your favourite red lipstick? xxx

8 comments :

  1. They're all beautiful vibrant shades - I think my favourite is the Max Factor one :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love a red lip! My favourite at the moment is Rimmel's Apocolips in Big Bang. So red but glossy at the same time. I really want to try Vaseline's paint the town red.

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED that Kate moss 107 lipstick so muchJoannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, as you'll probably know I love red or wine lips! I posted about the 107 in my boots haul and it made me start using it most days - I reckon it's on a par with some Chanel lip pies I have (and sooooo much cheaper, what a bonus!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've included most of my favourites here! I love Rimmel Kate Moss 107, Revlon Candy Apple (all time favourite lip product) and Mac Ruby Woo!

    I wouldnt mind trying the new vaseline out aswell, some great choices!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ruby woo lipstick still haven't tried the new vaseline though.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't actually been much of a red lip wearer in the past. I only really discovered the joys of lipstick at the beginning of this year and I went all out for bright lips. Now the season has changed I'm starting to embrace berry and plum type shades and I think as it gets closer to Christmas and everything starts to get a bit more festive I might start trying red lips more x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Ah Ruby Woo, such a classic : ) I just bought the Vaseline and it smells amazing : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...