Big love goes to the wonderful LiLi at Let's Get Lippy for tagging me! I love a good beauty Q&A - what's could be better than learning about other fab bloggers' beauty secrets?!
I'm having so much fun with my beauty blog and it's nice to get to know you all better, so I hope you enjoy finding out more about little old me :) You can read LiLi's answers here.
BEAUTY BLOGGER TAG QUESTIONS
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Naturally wavy - I used to have ringlets when I was really little, but now I have waves. I think I do like having naturally wavy hair as I have the option to straighten it or leave it in its natural tousled state.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
Medium brown - I think! Have lost track over the years, but it's definitely brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I ALWAYS say I will go to a salon and ALWAYS end up in my local Boots or Superdrug scanning the shelves for chocolate browns. I'm currently loving Garnier's Olia hair dyes.
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
I used to be a bit more 'out there' with my style, but now I go for simple staple items and dress them up with accessories when I need to. I see my face as my canvas to change every day, and not so fussed about the clothes I wear. But I am loving peplum tops at the moment - I just bought a lovely polka dot one from Love Label on Very's website.
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I used to do my nails at home all the time, but now I like to treat myself to manicures every so often after work. I love just having half an hour or so to myself and it always feels good to have clean, pretty nails - not to mention the hand massage!
6. How often do you change your nail polish?
I'd say I change my nail polish weekly, unless one I have applied has chipped straight after and I take it off and use another polish.
7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
I get a bit lazy in the winter with my feet, which I probably shouldn't do! Especially this winter, or spring?!! I've lost track!
8. How long does it take for you to put on your make-up?
About 20 minutes on a daily basis, but if I am going out then 30 minutes.
9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
It really depends what eye look I choose to do. If it's eyeshadow, I will do this before my face; however, if it's just a case of liquid or pencil eyeliner, I will do this after my face.
10. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
I'm a bit of a hoarder and I'm not sure I know what need means! Apart from when it comes to concealer, I always buy that and need it for my self-esteem. I'm pretty sure I've got a few too many lipsticks and nail polishes...but don't we all!
11. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not going to lie, I never wear false eyelashes unless it's a special event or fancy dress. I'd like to wear them more, but I don't have the steadiest hand or the time.
12. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
Yes - although it is a natural look. I don't do lipstick and/or eyeliner every day, but I always wear foundation, concealer, powder, blusher and mascara without fail.
13. Do you wear make-up when you are home alone or with family?
At home alone, no. With family, I would if I was going out somewhere or going over to see them, as that means going outside and I am conscious of my skin.
14. Will you leave the house without make-up?
I have done before - if I am just going round the corner this is OK, but never if I am outside of the house for a long period of time. I need it to feel confident and have got into the habit of liking my face more with it on!
15. How many high-end products do you have?
Ahem...far too many! I am a total beauty snob, as many of you will know. I really like to spend a lot of £ on skin care especially, as from experience I know you get what you pay for. Same with foundation.
16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Bit of both - if it's a normal day I will decide in the morning, but if it's an event or meeting, I will have something in mind the night before to save me stressing in the morning.
17. How often do you change your handbag?
Not very often at all. But for some reason my bags always break - so that definitely motivates me to invest in more bags! I want to be a millionaire so I can have a crazy collection of Michael Kors bags.
18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
I get up at 7 for work after 3 snoozes, and I go to sleep between 10.30 and 12 every night. It always varies depending on how hectic my day has been.
19. How often or when do you work out?
Good question - remind me to ask my neglected gym pass in the morning!
20. Left-handed or right-handed?
21. How tall are you?
I'm a tiny - 5 ft 2!
22. Do you speak a foreign language?
If you count learning French at GCSE speaking a foreign language, then yes. If not, I speak Tasha, which many people consider to be a foreign language :)
23. How many pets do you have?
Nada! Used to have fish but they are no more.
24. How often are you on Blogger?
I try to post every day and check my stats often. I also reply to comments as soon as possible. I reckon I am on Blogger for most of the day on and off, but I am never on there for that long if I am not writing a post.
25. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Depends on the post - if the blogger asks an interesting question or raises an exciting issue, I'll check out the comments. If not, I will probably leave a comment and then go.
26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
If I did, I would be in serious money trouble! If I want it that much, I'll remember it. But I really should start making a list so I don't miss out on a few underdogs along the way.
27. How did you come up with your blog name?
It was just a random thought before I went to sleep! That happens to me for some reason.
28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Just my iPhone camera and edit on Instagram.
29. How often do you clean your house?
As often as possible, but I have been so busy lately I really need to have a good spring cleaning session!
30. What is your favourite colour?
Red. It's passionate and vibrant, and it makes an instant impression.
31. Do you swear?
It's a bit of a reflex unfortunately...but it doesn't really bother me.
32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Seen as it's late, I'll be snuggling up in bed trying not to get hypothermia. I would advise you all to do the same!
WHO I'M TAGGING
I would like to tag the following beauty bloggers:
1. Saskia at The New Girls
2. Nalini at The Made Up Maiden
3. Katrin at Tarte Aux Fraises
4. Joanna at Mademoiselle Lala
5. Megan at Megan Box Nails
Did you enjoy this post? xxx