I'm so proud to have been nominated for a Liebster award and a huge thanks goes to K from Life, Thoughts, Fun & Lush for making it happen :)
There are some amazing new blogs out there that deserve lots of follows, so it's great to be able to pass on my award to 11 other beautiful bloggers. Can't wait to learn more about them!
1. I'm 24 years old
2. I live in Essex and have lived in the same house my whole life
3. I am currently the editor of the Journal of Aesthetic Nursing - a magazine about non-surgical cosmetic treatments like dermal fillers
4. I am a psychology graduate and studied at the University of Essex
5. I'm currently doing a scriptwriting course at the Bishopsgate Institute every Saturday, which I love
6. My favourite magazines are Red, Zest, Stylist, LOOK and Marie Claire
7. I love Italy
8. In another life, I'd be a DJ, artist or scriptwriter
9. I love psychological thrillers and dramas
10. I spend a LOT of money on high-end skin care and cosmeceuticals
11. The worst skin care sin I have ever committed was using baby wipes on my face
Responses to K's questions
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I've always loved beauty but lots of my loved ones don't share this passion! I have a lot of products to write about and beauty secrets to share, and I love sharing expert advice I come across via work contacts. It's great fun :)
2. What are the top 3 beauty products you can't live without?
Benefit Erase Paste, Skinceuticals Blemish + Age Gel Cleanser and Nivea Roll-On Deodorant
3. Where do you see your blog in one year?
I'd absolutely love to hit 200 followers in the next year and maybe be nominated for a beauty blogger award. I really want to share my beauty loves with more people and attend lots more events to network and get to know everyone
4. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you take with you?
A boombox, a diary and SPF
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
South America - I don't know why, but I have got a real thing about latin music and food. I'd love to go there to experience the culture and flavour of latino life
6. What do you want your blog to represent?
I want my blog to offer beauty inspiration to people looking for new products and to represent beauty products that can be used on a daily basis. I want to offer expert advice where possible when it comes to skin care, as I have suffered with breakouts for many years and I know there are lots of people out there looking for support and recommendations
7. Do you think blogging has affected your life in any way?
Definitely! It's great to express myself more and write about things I love - and it's also good to see how products you are thinking about buying shape up in the minds of other bloggers. I reckon it has made me think twice about certain purchases
8. What other hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
I love going to the cinema, going to gigs and going to modern art exhibitions. Last year, I went to the London Film Festival for the first time and it was amazing. I also saw David Shrigley's exhibition in London, which was so much fun - I love his wit
9. What is your favourite make-up brand?
Tough one! Benefit for creativity, Guerlain for quality and YSL for classics
10. What would winning a Liebster award mean to you?
It's a real honour to be recognised as a blogger, as there are so many great writers out there! We are all passionate about what we write and, since I have only been blogging for almost 4 months, it's a great achievement and a lot of fun
11. What do you want to do in the future work wise?
I'd love to be a beauty journalist in the future and then maybe later on down the line become a scriptwriter for TV and/or film. Exciting :)
Bloggers I'm nominating and my questions
1. Heather at Make Up Mouse
2. Naomii at Glitterbomb Makeup
3. Saskia at The New Girls
4. Sarah at Simply Beauty and Nails
5. Fatin at Oh My Gosh Makeup
6. Rosy at Ro's Tinted
7. Katrin at Tarte Aux Fraises
8. Rose at Confessions of Rose
9. Sammi at Material Gurl 88
10. May at Shopaholic Section
11. Shelez at Thou Shalt Not Covet
1. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
2. Who is your beauty idol?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What's your favourite lipstick?
5. What's your favourite TV programme?
6. What is your go-to make-up brand?
7. Who's your favourite blogger?
8. What's your favourite place in the world?
9. What is your morning beauty routine?
10. What's your favourite nail brand?
11. What will you cover on your blog in the future?
Thanks so much again for nominating me K! xxx